Monday, February 12, 2007

Updates and more Zillow

Now that I have started the “My For Sale Sign” series I have had a number of questions about some of my past entries, the family from Washington and the clients from Canada that I mentioned in my Rocklin & Roseville Today column, “Surprised Realtor.” First, it makes me feel pretty good to know that a few people take time out of their day to read my blog, thank you very much, I appreciate it and value your email comments.

Unfortunately, the family relocating here from Washington is still looking although we are narrowing the search and hope over the next week or two they will have a purchase agreement and can begin setting dates to move. I remember how difficult it was when Michael was working here and Mikie and I were in Alaska. The first house they found was one they had admired on the internet. They came out for whirlwind weekend and it remained their favorite after seeing many other very nice homes. We did make what I thought was a very solid offer, but later found out we had insulted the very emotionally attached sellers. To make a very long story short, there appears to be some drama going on between the sellers and their relocation company and we were not able or willing to deal with it.

I just received an email from Kara and she and her family are settling in as California homeowners after living in Toronto for the past several years. We looked at, oh so many homes, but in the end we found the right one and I hope they will be happy in their home for many years to come. I enjoyed working with them and meeting their California family and fully intend on staying in touch.

BTW, there was a very good post the other day over at Sacramento Land(ing) referring to the Zillow Blog where they have just posted their Q4 Real Estate Performance: The Medium is the Message. I think they are both worth reading if you follow the market. Depending on how you feel about Zillow’s zestimates they make some interesting points about using median price as a measuring tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home