Saturday, January 27, 2007

End of a busy week

Over the past few days I have been showing houses to my new clients who are moving here from Virginia. They are a nice family with two twin daughters. It has been fun showing them some great houses and watching the interaction between the girls. Makes you wish you had a twin. My sister and I are close but don’t come close the symbiotic relationship between Emily and Nora.

Earlier in the week Michael and I had the pleasure to meet with Marie Taylor of Taylor Strategic Marketing. She is a very interesting person and had some good suggestions for us to think about when it comes to my business. During our conversation Marie mentioned that 51 percent of adult women live alone. As a Realtor I have had so many more single women clients than single men, so my interest was peaked. I love the Internet, a quick search and I found a recent article, “Real Estate: Who is buying now,” published on CNNMoney.com.

The article confirms Marie’s point; the real estate market is changing. It goes on to point out how our demographics and social norms are changing the real estate market. The average home buyer today is very different compared to buyers of the past. It is an interesting article and worth reading and thinking about, especially for us in the real estate business.

Time to hit the road and find the more traditional family a great home!

BTW, Congratulations to Blaine and Kara on their wonderful new home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home