Monday, January 29, 2007

What was that?

Did I really use the term, "end of the week?" I clearly forgot the business I am in. This week just runs into next and and the days keep coming. Sunday turned out to be another busy day as I showed a few houses and presented an offer. Notice I didn't say fax an offer. I actually met face to face with the listing agent and walked her through my clients situation and the offer they are making. I personally believe the agents involved in a transaction should have a working relationship and open communication. Most of my recent rants have involved agents who believe sending a fax is communication .

An offer is exactly that, an offer and the fact that I hand delivered it does not necessarily give it greater probability of being accepted but at least if there is a question or concern I am confident the seller's agent knows I am available and ready to help. This working relationship will become more important if there are counter offers and as the transaction moves through the the various contingency periods and finally to the close of escrow. Agents working together in the interest of their respective clients get homes bought and sold with as little stress on our clients as possible.
BTW, I wrote the above entry today using the Zoho Writer, an on line word processor. It is pretty cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home