Friday, March 07, 2008

Buyers

I have spent the better part of a month showing homes to a nice young couple with a baby. It has been difficult because he wants to stay on a strict budget and she doesn’t want to live where the homes with the features they MUST have are located. During our last trip out, just as conversation, I mentioned this cute little house I have listed as a short sale and said it was too bad it didn’t meet any of their requirements. They were looking at newer homes; my listing was built in 1948. They had to have three bedrooms; my listing has two and a room that is a large closet. They had to have at least a two car garage, my listing has a carport.

I could end the post now because you know exactly where I am going. Yes, she went to my website and looked at a few of the photos, had to see it and have now decided they can sell all their large furniture, the cars can be parked outside, and charm of yesterday is more appealing than new. They loved it, she cried because it was so perfect for them.

I cried too! I thought I was good at understanding what my buyers want in a home. Seriously, all the showings and struggles we had magically disappeared when I saw how happy they were to find this little home. Knowing them I know it will make the perfect home.
Now we have work to do with the seller and lender!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home