Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting Away

I love helping my clients buy and sell homes. This summer I have heard myself, on more than one occasion saying, “It shouldn’t be this hard.” Part of why I have been saying this is the changing market place. Not only in real estate with the move from a seller’s to buyer’s market being so dramatic but also the significant changes in the home mortgage industry and the current subprime loan crisis.

Traditionally, the last two weeks in August are slow in my business as families get ready for the new school year and squeeze in a last minute vacation. I thought this was a perfect time to get away myself for a few days to clear my mind. What better place to leave “real estate” behind than one of the natural wonders of the world, Yosemite National Park.

Being born and raised in Alaska where we have such spectacular scenery still didn’t prepare me for my first visit to Yosemite. Wow, the towering granite walls, El Capitan, Half Dome and hundreds of other sites were breathtaking and I loved every minute. Well, except the time I peered over the railing at Glacier Point and looked straight down over 4,000 feet to the valley floor below. I am not into thrill rides!

Yosemite was a great place to refresh your mind but not so good if you are looking for a nice meal. Too many mediocre buffets and service from staff who have become bored with tourists is my complaint but we did get a book on hiking in the park and intend to go back many more times.

Arriving home and reading the SacBee this morning brought me back to reality and real estate a bit abruptly. See my latest article and Rocklin & Roseville Today column, “Sacramento real estate: Different this summer?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home