Monday, August 06, 2007

A Jewel in a Gloomy Market

I just finished some web surfing of a few blogs and other real estate related sites I read. I can’t find much out there that indicates the Sacramento real estate market is anything other than gloomy. Sales continue to be in the dumps. Sales are way down. In June of this year we had just over half of the sales we had in June 2006 and July will not be any better. Inventory of available homes continues to grow in almost every area around Sacramento and we are already at record highs.

There is little doubt we are in a “buyer’s market.” The best homes go first and anything left over that is less than perfect is expected to go for a big discount. Sellers who do not want to price aggressively (price below the last sale) can expect to be on the market for long time.

It is a difficult time for homeowners who have to sell. My advice continues to be, do everything you can to make your home shine and price it aggressively. These are the homes that get sold while others linger.

Happier news: I held a successful Open House yesterday at my Tanus Circle listing in Rocklin. This house does shine and is in a great neighborhood. We had some interested buyers through at I think at least one of them may be back this week for a second look.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home