Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year but not much new

It is a slow news time for Sacramento real estate. There are a few articles out there predicting how the market will perform in 2007 and you can read about the great or disastrous year ahead and everything in between. Interest rates remain stable, inventory continues to decline and there are some wonderful homes on the market.

I am working on an offer on one of my listings. Unfortunately, I believe it is from the kind of buyer I refer to as a “bottom sucker.” They generally ask a Realtor to make offers on multiple homes at a percentage of asking price. They do not even go look at the house unless the seller shows interest in accepting the offer. They are looking for situations where they can take advantage of a desperate seller. I wish the seller’s agent would pick up the phone and ask if my buyer is willing to consider accepting an offer $60,000 below asking and pay all closing costs. We could have saved time and a ream of paper.

By the way, my husband Michael and I hosted a dinner last night for a favorite client and my friend, Robin, who referred her to me. Michael loved being with three fabulous women and we had a great time. Even though the Roseville Melting Pot is easier for us and it is owned by the same family as the one in Downtown Sacramento, it is no where as good in terms of food and service. I also noted it was not as busy as it was when if first opened so I must not be the only one who feels this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home