Sunday, December 17, 2006

Upside down buyer's market

You would think being a buyer in today’s Sacramento real estate market or as Santa’s helper this time of year would make purchasing an easy task. For me that has not been the case during the past week. My clients lost out on two houses they wanted and trying to help Santa find a Nintendo Wii in the Rocklin and Roseville area has proved to be impossible.

Multiple offers and a seller who changed their mind (you can read this as don’t trust other agent’s verbal promises) were the issues for my buyers and not enough Wii’s to meet the advertising demand our Santa’s problem. I thought I was clever in getting up early this morning and heading to Target at 7:00 AM for my Santa helper task. We were told they were going to have some Sunday morning. They did have 15 game consoles to sell but the folks who spent the night in front of the store got ‘em. Since I was there I stood in line, just in case but to no avail. I did hear some interesting stories about near riots at other stores and police having to be called to calm unhappy shoppers. The fifteen tired shoppers did look happy when they walked away with their new consoles.

Well, as I write this my clients are faxing a signed offer on yet another house, one which I think will make a great home for them. As for Santa, I think he will have to make another visit later in January with the Wii. Dear Mikie – Santa’s Sleigh was a bit too heavy this year so I will be back after my vacation to deliver the Nintendo Wii – Love Santa.

It is not always easy being a buyer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home