Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Using Twitter to stay in touch


I have been using twitter for almost 2 years now and it is one of the social networking tools I enjoy the most. It is a flow of short messages from members all around the world and allows users to follow others and read what they have to say as the day progresses. You can carry on conversations, ask questions, get directions and always find someone who can cheer you up. As of today I am following 2,257 users and have 2,102 followers. Some of my twitter colleagues are news organizations such as the Sacramento Bee, CNN and Sacramento Traffic Alerts. You can find and follow a wide range of celebrities such as Madonna and Britney Spears and even get updates from Barack Obama. Most users are just like me, everyday people who do their jobs and enjoy the internet and staying in touch. There is a growing number of spamers using twitter but they are easily controlled.

I recently used twitter to ask some of my “followers,” who are real estate agents; about their local markets and found some similarities with what is happening in our Sacramento area market. Check out my column today at Rocklin & Roseville Today, “Tweeting Real Estate News” to see what I learned.

If you are not familiar with Twitter check it out at http://www.twitter.com/. If you end up joining the thousands of other who are using twitter, follow me at twitter.com/JulieJ and I will follow you back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home