Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanks Jim!

As much as I enjoy maintaining my blog there are days when I feel like I have to write a post and times when other tasks pressure me to publish and run. I was thinking about this earlier this week when I went to Mikie’s parent-teacher conference. The subject was writing and how much he has improved since last year. We were looking at some of Mikie’s writing and his teacher told Mikie he would be able to correct some of his mistakes if he took time to read what he wrote. She said, “All good writers read what they write.”

I think sometimes I am guilty of letting spell-check do my reading. If there are no red, green or blue underlined words it must be good to go. This morning I got an email from a good friend on the East Coast who, I like to believe, reads my blog occasionally to see what we are doing out here. He wrote, “I just wanted you to know the latest, fourth blog should have been proofed by someone other than the spell check! ;-) FOURTH not FORTH!”

Thank you Jim, I am going to take your email as a queue to slow down, enjoy blogging and do more than spell-check before I publish. I won’t promise there will not be errors or better ways to write something but you can be assured that I have read what I wrote.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home