Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Will buyers see their shadow?


Something must be happening out there in Sacramento real estate land. Yesterday I was working with buyers who are looking to upgrade their home in the Roseville area. Two of the homes the wife was interested in seeing had been on the market for a long time, one them was over 180 days (six months waiting for a sale). As I was setting up our tour I found out the first one had gone pending that morning so we took it off our list. The second one turned out to be a lovely home and my client liked it and wanted some additional information. I called the agent only to learn the sellers had accepted an offer while we were looking at it. Six months on the market and it goes pending on the day my client is interested. How strange is that in a market where most sellers can’t get a showing?

I assured my buyers, not to worry, there are plenty of homes to look at and eager sellers willing to negotiate, we will find another great house but next time I may call the agent before just to check availability.

This experience combined with the recent activity we had on a short sale in Lincoln (See January 14th post – “Price it Right…they will come!”) continues to make me feel like the level of sales activity may actually show some growth as we move into Februrary and March. Having inerest rates continuing to decline can’t hurt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home