Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Annoyed

I enjoy helping people with real estate and I mean it when I say some of the services I provide are free and with no obligation. After this a recent experience I want to add a modifier, free with no obligation as long as you are honest.

Last week I received an inquiry from my Free Market Valuation page. It was from person who has a home about 30 miles from me. He said he was just completing a major remodel and trying to decide a selling price. I did some initial work and sent him some information. This lead to a more extensive exchange and he made it clear he was not sure about selling but would be using the information I provided to help him make that decision. After another round of emails and a call we had a pretty good idea of the price range but with so much remodeling I volunteered to visit the property and take a tour. Again, he reminded me he had not made a final decision to sell.

We set a time and I drove the 30 miles to see the house and meet my internet contact. When I arrived I was greeted by another Realtor’s sign planted in the front yard and a lock box on the door. Turns out my contact is a “fix and flip” guy and has an investor who is an agent. All he wants for me is to confirm the selling price the other agent set. For those of you who are thinking, why didn’t she check MLS, I did and, although there is a sign, it is not currently listed with MLS.

Be honest with me if you want my help.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Julie Jalone said...

Mike - thanks for the request, you caught me at a good time and I have completed and submitted my interview. I think you site look great and I will be sure to visit often to find out what other bloggers are saying about their blogs!

Remember if you want to buy or sell a house let me know :-)

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home