Monday, August 07, 2006

Inventory Growth is Slowing

There is clearly enough evidence out there today to say the growth in available homes for sale is slowing. As you know if you read my Blog regularly I keep a pretty close eye on inventory and one of the sites I like is HousingTracker. Although their definition of “Sacramento” includes some but not all of the surrounding area I think it is a good indicator of where we stand on inventory. As of today they showed 12,048 homes on the market which is only up 25 homes from a week ago.

I thought we might see a surge in homes hitting the market after the heat wave but that did not happen. The available inventory is clearly a number most controlled by new listings as the number of sold/pending is still a trickle. Having said that, even though the “buy before school starts” selling has passed, I think we may see our first declines over the next month.

We are starting a new week today with clouds and a good breeze. I currently have four listings all of them very nice homes. Take a minute and take a look at my current listings. If you know someone who might be interested in one of them please let me know. I love referrals and always make sure they know it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home