Saturday, June 17, 2006

Alaska!

I apologize for not keeping up with the blog the past week. Not only have I been busy with real estate but trying to get ready to be away for a few weeks was more work than I imagined so the entries here did not get done.

Today, we woke up to a beautiful Alaska morning. As you may know, this time of year, it never gets very dark. After a grueling day of travel we finally made it here last night about 1 AM California time. We are staying with my Sister Lynn and her family so we had to have a few glasses of wine (Ken – Thanks for opening some of your collection bottles last night, they were spectacular, especially the 1978 Stags Leap Cask 23….wow!)

Over the next few weeks my normal real estate babble is going to be more travel log so I hope you will check in and see what we are up to. I will also be adding some photos.

By the way, if there was ever glamour in traveling it is long gone. Airport and airline workers throughout our journey yesterday were generally unprepared, did not know, and in some cases did not care. Oh well, we made it and will be here for summer solstice next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home